The Access to Justice for Children – Child Rights in Action Conference will be held in Vancouver on May 11-12, 2017. It is an innovative, multi-disciplinary Conference (an international award winner in 2015) that will share the latest law, knowledge and practice tips to help better support children affected by justice and administrative decision-making. Here are a few reasons to attend this Conference:
- Young people are integral to this Conference and rarely do we hear their perspectives to inform our work
- You will be the first to be introduced to the Canadian Bar Association’s Child Rights Toolkit, an online resource developed by various legal professionals from across Canada that will be brought to life at the Conference – you can use this long into the future – and better understand key themes that cross cut all areas of the justice system in your practice such as:
- Cultural Competency and what this means for all of us arising from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Recommendations;
- Children living free from all forms of violence; and
- Child participation essentials from the perspectives of psychology, social work, and law enforcement as well as child and family serving agencies.
- This Conference counts towards your professional education credits whether you are a lawyer, mediator, Hear the Child Roster member, social worker, or other relevant professionals.
You can attend either in person or via webinar. To learn more about this conference, or to register, visit the conference webpage here: http://www.cle.bc.ca/1387/special-invitation/
Information about this Conference was provided by the Conference’s co-chair.